Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Weeds

I hate weeds! They are awful. My garden would be so beautiful now if it were without weeds. Well...maybe not so beautiful, but more leaning in that direction. I have lovely oregano, thyme, mint, lemon balm, and rosemary; all are thriving. I have a bazillion strawberry plants on the cusp of blooming little white flowers which will then turn into succulent strawberry deliciousness. And then I have the cursed dandelions and other weeds that I do not know the name of. Some of them, I confess, are pretty easy to just pluck out of the ground, and I will put my lack of plucking down to laziness. But there are others, such as dandelions, that are just impossible to get out of the ground in one piece! The roots end up firmly on the ground with all of the leaves crushed in my fingers, and mere moments later there is new growth - teasing me, taunting me.
ARG! I AM SO ANGRY!!!

OK. Enough of my rant.
If anyone wants a strawberry plant, let me know. They will soon be taking over my whole plot, me thinks.

5 comments:

Carla Jean said...

Can strawberry plants make it in containers? Because if so, I am all over that.

Elisa M said...

I want strawberries as well! CJ-am looking into if they can grow in containers...will let you know. Anna-weeds suck. Big time. I am having difficulties making my dirt not turn into clay after any little drop of water hit it. Maybe adding sand?
My organic gardening book (one of the 5 I have!) has a big section on weeds, if you want to borrow it. That is the best part of container gardening.

ps-I LOVE this blog!

Elisa M said...

They are container ok! See here for details:
http://www.berrygrowingallyear.com/how_to_grow_strawberries_in_a_container_garden.html

Anna said...

get yo selves a strawberry pot!

Emily Davis said...

Have some fo me?