Sunday, March 30, 2008

Planted and Ready

I finally got the garden planted. Through process of careless elimination the weak seedlings died, so now I am positive I have the best ones. They are like my babies. After it rained I had to go out to make sure they were okay. There was rain holes everywhere so I covered the bare areas with mulch.

Now about compost. I had it in the corner of the our tiny yard but it was smelling pretty bad (not as bad as the neighbors dogs they never walk!). So I wanted to get a big plastic garbage can with a lid. Apparently it's better have it aireated so I go two big planters to switch the compost in and out of weekly to make it compost faster.

Somehow i feel like right now i am doing the maximum benefit health-wise for my husband and I by growing my own food (or a portion of it). Really it's the beginning to a long excited journey of being a conscience eater.

1 comment:

Elisa M said...

welcome to our little blog! CJ and I just started getting our veggies for the same reason (except we have no room to garden) and I am loving the freshness and fuzzies that come along with eating good, local, homegrown food.