Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Reading, writing and ...eating?

This is for you, CJ!

This article from The Kitchn on the best food to eat while reading. I thought it was cute and I know that we all love to read, so I thought I would share.

btw-MORE little plants sprouting up every day. Oh how the rain of late has been good to me and my little green friends.
This weekend-botanical gardens Plant sale-old Bruno's at Brookwood-CJ, Emily and I are going at 11 on Friday. Come join us! We are meeting out front. I am hoping for some fruit trees and plants. Lemons and berries. Which leads me to a question: What is it your dream to be able to grow? For me, it is probably berries and avocados. and grapes.

3 comments:

Carla Jean said...

haha, YAY! Growing up, we were so notorious about reading at the dinner table that my parents would even allow my sister and I to bring books in to Shoney's. (I STILL read while I eat almost every meal.) Sometimes I have to put down the book to cut my meat, but I always cut a bunch at a time so I can continue reading for uninterrupted stretches.

Elisa M said...

I freak out if I don't have something to read. As a kid, I would read anything I could, cereal boxes, placemats, whatever.

Emily Davis said...

My mom would never let us read at the table although now I love to eat with a good Real Simple magazine or a book. We did sing at the table quite often which was discouraged as well.