Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Yesterday I got home from work and, like everyday, I went to my garden first to check on things (yes, I am a dork). I peered into all of my little pots to make sure they were moist enough for some good germination action. Then, in my arugula pot, I saw it...SEEDLINGS! A patch of tiny 2 leaved green goodness. I actually shouted my glee aloud, yelling "their here, it's happening!" to Carrie, who was visiting. We both got excited (obviously me moreso). I was unsure of growing anything from seed, especially anything that I may want to eat, but so far...success! A summer of fresh greens. I am keeping my fingers crossed for my little seeds germinating indoors, all warm and moist in their miniature plastic greenhouse...and for my beans and other greens trying to make it outdoors as well.

My herb garden is spreading like crazy! I may have to transplant my mint, as I think it is crowding out the oregano and thyme. The damp weather has been so good for the little guys.

I feel like a proud parent on talent show day! Soon I will be inviting everyone over to pick up some veggies.

1 comment: