Friday, May 30, 2008

Don't get between me and my dirt

This afternoon I was headed out the patio to grab my bag of dirt and haul it around front so I could finish planting my little herb garden. I'd opened the sliding glass door, picked up my very sad begonia to take it out on the patio on my way out there, turned my head to listen to something Allen was saying, and then proceeded to plow down the screen door on my way out. The whole thing just about flew off the tracks which I immediately proceeded to step on. Ouch. Still, moral of the story: Don't get between me and my dirt.

Incidentally I think my garden is about complete. I have five pots of herbs -basil, cilantro, oregano, thyme, and rosemary- along with several more pots full of flowers. Out on my back patio I have an old fashioned rose bush, a dwarf gardenia, and a confederate jasmine. Once my gardenia buds open all three will be in bloom. Mmmm, can't wait to smell that bouquet. I also have the requisite petunias and impatiens. I like to put my plants out on my shady back patio where I can see them from the living room, so I'm pretty limited as to variety. One day though.... When I wander through Lowe's or Home Depot or even Walmart I keep wishing I had the yard and the money to buy two or three of everything and scatter them around.

No comments: