Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Potted bliss


Not having a garden proper (and being singularly afflicted with shade on/around my patio) I'm pretty much sticking with flowers at the moment. I have a lovely blue flowering Jacob's Ladder in a pot out back along with a brave potted rose and some bright red petunias that I just bought yesterday. Sick and tired of my boring, empty, dead flowerpot sitting out front I also bought some very pretty little portulacas. Yeah, I'd never heard of them either, but they look sort of like old-fashioned roses except that they're small little plants like impatients or similar and come in the most luscious colors. I found them cheap at Home Depot alongside the petunias and other annuals.

Maybe if I can keep my flowers alive I'll try branching out a bit. We'll see.
'

3 comments:

Emily Davis said...

That's really pretty. Where did you get that flower pot?

Elisa M said...

Those are just lovely!

Natalie said...

Lol, Should have put in a disclaimer. That is not my pot. It is lovely though.