Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My name is Elisa and I am an O.G

Obsessive Gardener. I was repotting things last night and putting out my new Dwarf Meyer lemon tree when I looked back at my little stoop. It was covered almost completely. I had to bob and weave my way back to my back door. it is getting bad. I did some rearranging and moving and things are looking better. However, I still have 2 tomato varieties, tomatillos, lemon balm, more lettuce, bee balm and coneflowers to find homes for. They have almost outgrown their seed homes. Where are they going to go? I am accepting my fate of being 'that lady in the apartment complex with the jungle out her back door' to the kids in the complex. I love it. I love it so much! Today as I was driving to work I realized that I had left my seedlings outside to get some sun and they may get rained on. An internal struggle ensued about whether to turn around and bring them in, or get to work on tim. I went to work, but have been fretting all day, running to the back door to check the weather (no windows in the building!). If it pours on them, their little stems are not strong enough to take it and they may perish. Very upsetting.
Everyday when I arrive home, I drop my handbag and go straight out back to see the progress. Yesterday I had beans sprouting up! And little red sprouts of red from my Rainbow Chard. 3 new blossoms on my strawberry plants and more mint than I can handle! What is a girl to do?

Get a goat and some chicken and resign herself to fate.

2 comments:

Carla Jean said...

I will email you if the heavens let loose. :) But weather.com says it should start clearing up around 3ish.

Emily Davis said...

I do the same things. Pet the cats and go straight to the backyard. It makes my home seem so welcoming!